We believe BLACK men will be able to gain a sense of pride and identity through the willingness of ‘SESA WO SUBAN‘ meaning, “I transform my life” and “I change my character.” This is known as an Adinkra symbol that signifies personal reflection and Keperah (transformation), which is also part of the decolonisation process to encourage our brothas to return to Sankofa.
Iwosan Agbara means ‘HEALING POWER’ in Yoruba
The healing begins once our brothas are prepared to face the man in the mirror.
MBK INTERNATIONAL is an Afrakan-centered platform offering membership plans to BLACK men who want to improve their overall wellbeing. Our resources include; our chatroom, tutorials, self-care tips, forums, discount on products, workshops and access to our BLACK men’s wellness directory. Each registered member can book a session with our listed service providers in different parts of the diaspora, who are qualified to further support you through your stages of self-development and growth.
Each SESA WO SUBAN membership has three tiers as follows:
1) MBK (King)
2) MBK (Warrior)
3) MBK (God)
- Create self-awareness about identity from an Afrakan-centered historical perspective and an understanding of intergenerational trauma, which can help BLACK men embrace healing, self-care, and make peace with their past.
- Sovereign skills building for our most essential needs.
- Build racial-esteem and personal development, where brothas can embrace their newfound confidence and attitudes that have been developed positively.
- Verbalise and put into practice new habits that show changes in behavior patterns.
- Break the cycle of self-destructive behaviors.
- Assist BLACK men in building sustainable lasting habits with behavior changes including a commitment to health, happiness and 24-hour online access to recorded videos provided with your membership. All of our services ensure your experience is one of absolute quality, providing maximum encouragement and support.
THE MAN IN THE MIRROR PROJECT
Purpose of this program is to encourage self-reflection towards #HEALING, as a tool to navigate black men in the position of identifying their ‘trauma-blockages’. By using a step-by-step action plan to offload the unnecessary baggage that negatively impacts their mental and emotional well-being.
The Man In The Mirror Project framework, also focuses on ‘The UNspoken #TRUTH behind the black man’s abuse.’ Examining the demonisation of BLACK men through systematic racism and how it discriminates against our brothas mental health globally.
This program is suited for brothas age 18 years upwards, who are willing to stay committed by establishing a relationship with their personal wellbeing, as a long-term investment in order for the joureny of cleansing to be effective.
Malcolm X quoted,
“A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”